Saturday, June 6, 2009

Social History

Back in the day I wanted to change the world (note to self - that was the tagline we had Enron use for an internal campaign) and I was at NYU grad school with big plans to write a thesis in The relationship between Social History and the Supreme Court.

Now all the world's a twitter - with nothing better to do than tell the world what they are thinking. My favorite are the ghost tweeters for celebs. This is our social history today. We have a tech pres. We have America.gov ( http://www.america.gov/sms-comments.html ) set up by the state department to communicate to foreigners. My favorite line is from Uganda - Everything is OK. Note do self - at TBWA there was an america.gov type project that was on the new business list. Of course that was before Obama. His speech in Cairo was broadcast in many languges if you signed up at america.gov.

We are about to get a new Supreme Court Justice - Sotomayor. I remember when O'Conner was selected. I was in Washington and had to do research on her choice position.

No comments: