Sunday, September 12, 2010

School Started - First Grade


I don't think there will ever be a school that is good enough for me. If we had unlimited funds I would bring tutors in and homeschool. So this year will be filled with extra activities.

She's doing ice skating Basic Skills 5 (if she passes she can be in Jr. Club) and ballet 1 (next year we can audition for the Nutcracker), we are also thinking of Spanish and swimming. Since we got a puppy, we are also doing a puppy class. I would also like to do soccer, but we signed up too late. Who knew it was so popular?

I'm finding out that she's a fast learning. There's a meet the teacher night on Monday and I don't really want to go. I'm having so many issues with the school right now. From the ridiculous food issues such as the nut allergy rule (can't they just sit at their own table like every other school), they sell dead animals as kosher in the lunch room to the fact there is only one other girl in her class.
My favorite is the fact that all friends were separated this year except the girl with the deep pockets and her best friend - the girl on scholarship. Funny how that happened.

No comments: