Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life's Work

Before Amy Winehouse died she was on stage with her protege, Dionne Bromfield. Lady Gaga was at the top of her game and she's now inspiring new talent as either a mention in an interview - Maria or on American Idol or Do you Think You Can Dance. Angelina Jolie starts having children. The common thread is starting a new chapter.

My top was when I met Paulo. It really was the highest level I was ever going to achieve in advertising and business. There were too many gaps in my education and upbringing to get me to the next level. My next chapter was Cutie.

She's perfect. Smart, funny, caring, nice, lovely. Whatever she does, she does well. My life's work is now molding her into the person she will become. It scares me and excites me. I fear I will make mistakes (like posting a video she doesn't think is her at her best.) or making her the child at school with the "tiger mom." If she can do something why should I hold her back?

I'm laying the groundwork for the teen years. To be the best you can be you need a passion.

No comments: