Friday, December 7, 2007

I Hate Holidays

I'm not a fan of Holidays - any holiday, birthday, or special occasion annoys the crapola out of me. This year it's the worst ever. Cutie face is three and we have to light candles every night, wrap and open presents, and we have so many parties to go to. I actually say no to most of the gatherings and only do the ones I should go to.

I don't like getting presents (or writing thank yous). I don't like giving presents (wrapping paper destroys the environment.) I don't like cooking or eating at a table with people. I'm happiest doing things that I want to do when I want to do them. The amazing thing is that some of the things I want to do actually does make people happy. Yes, this is childish and it has served me well.

One of the reasons I never really wanted to get married or have children was because of my dislike of celebrations. Paulo also is not a fan of the gift-giving. Although he does like the whole family thing.

As for seeing cutie's face light up when she got Singing Princess Barbie, it is priceless. I would have given it to her last month when she said she wanted it.
We have a point system and ended up using her points to buy "King Barbie" with the little boy. So now she has a whole family.

As for taking off from work during the holidays - I always preferred to work when nobody was around and take vacation when everyone was working.

I'm the Chanukabuster.

No comments: