Monday, May 5, 2008

Gen Z

I've written about the Generation trends. Cutie, I'm guessing, is going to be a Gen Z. What is Gen Z going to be.
The most influential item I can guess is that they will learn how to take the test. Yes. I'm not a fan of government testing in the schools. Teachers are forced to teach the test and not much else.
I heard that the way they teach math today is absurd. They have cute names for functions. And roundabout ways for figuring things out. What was wrong with the old way? I managed quite well. Wait - I had great math teachers and 18 children in a classroom. Let's pay the adminstrators to come up with stupid ideas that help public school children learn to pass the test.

I'm guessing that children who are in private schools will be so far ahead of public school children. It's the private schools that will lead the way in the future. Public Schools are dead. I feel bad for the teachers. A lot of them are quite good.

More on Gen Z as I think about it. Dizney will play a role.

No comments: