Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day - Whatever

As you fair readers know I'm not a fan of holidays. Today is no different. Who cares?

My mom watched cutie last night. I showed up at 10pm to sleep over as well.

In the morning my mom and I had an annoyance moment. You know - when you want to do something your way and the other person wants to do it theirs. Among friends it's easy to adjust. With moms - it's like you are talking a different language. Cutie said "grandma why don't you listen to mommy?". Now that was a precious moment.

Cutie had a nice day with grandma. They had their nails done. Cutie was a pro. She pick out her pink nail polish and when they went to put clear on her fingers first - she wiped it off - "I want the pink color that I picked". She was so good they painted flowers on her thumbs. They were supposed to go to a movie but Cutie was hungry so they went out to eat. They picked out two videos from Blockbusters. Water Horse and Barbie. She told me the story of Water Horse in the car. Unfortunately I don't remember it. It's funny my mom said she really wasn't interested in that movie. Then it was on to dinner and a bath followed by bed.

When I asked My mom if she would watch Cutie next week. There was an I'm too busy on her face.

When I was younger we had an apple tree in the backyard. It died a few years after I left home. They removed it and my dad planted a flower where the tree used to be. The flower never bloomed. He died about a year later. While we were sitting shiva my brother pointed to the newly bloomed flower and told us the flower story. The tree and flower spot have been filled in with grass.

But I will always remember.

No comments: