Saturday, September 13, 2008

New Jeans and Lord & Taylor

I'm picking Cutie up at school and I notice that I have a huge rip in my jeans exposing my butt. Yes, I think it's time for new jeans. But those were perfect summer jeans (so thin you could see through them) and only 10 years old. Then I realized. I haven't bought jeans in a very long time. My youngest pair is eight.

Off the the Mall. First to H&M. Hate shopping for jeans there. It's a pain. Nothing is organized. All the styles and sizes are mushed together. Then to Lord & Taylor. I love L&T. Everytime I go to L&T I find something. Earlier this summer is was three pairs of sandals. Now two pairs of jeans. I told a friend I bought new jeans and she asked me what kind. I really didn't know so I answered the kind that fit.

I have to remember to tell her they are Lucky Brand (wide leg - size 25/0) and BCBG (size 27). I'm not sure that's good or not. I don't trust the size thing anymore. So I went to look at my other jeans. My youngest is Seven (8yo - size 28) and my 10yo twins (2 pair the same - size 4) are Deisel. I have a Gap in there - but the're not that comfortable.

Regarding the sizes - they are a big lie. I'm a size 40 European and that translates into an 8. They like to make fat Americans feel better by making smaller size larger than they should be. Gotta love marketing.

No comments: