Saturday, September 6, 2008

You Tube and Mermaids


Cutie discovered YouTube and we added Disney Little Mermaid Hebrew to our web page. She then watched Mermaid in Swedish, Chinese, and languages I really never thought of. There was even a Mermaid with compilation of different languages. How's that for world peace. Eventually she came upon a "How to Make a Mermaid Tail" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtwnOQg_KH8

For days now she's been begin me to make a Mermaid Tail for her. We are renovating our house and learning from mistakes. My personality is such that I want something and people are sometimes afraid to say no. Hence, I told the contractor I wanted the bathroom to be close as possible - almost touching to give it a smooth sleek look. In the tile store they are touching. He did this. The problem was that it looks like it's touching but there's really a small grout line - 1/16-inch. We have to do the floor tile again and when I reordered the tile Laura from Fuda Tile in Ramsey (gotta go to NJ for the good stuff) gave me her guy. We have to do the tiles again.

On the way home I stop at JoAnns and bought mermaid fabric. Yes, just ask the salesperson for mermaid fabric and she pointed me in the right direction. Paulo made the costume since he didn't go to work because of his knee (first his Achilles in May, then the knee issue in July - I married him to have a sports partner - so not happening). OK - he made the costume because I can't. I knit the sea blanket!



No comments: