Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day Of Kindergarten

It should really be Kindergarden. Anyway,
I forgot to take the photo. Cutie was adorable getting on the bus. I kissed her goodby and said she would be OK.
I found out later she cried when she got off the bus. She didn't know where to go. The teachers were not there to pick her up. I guess it was a little overwhelming.
Not sure when pickup time was, I went down to the bus stop at 3:35 and waited until 4:00. I started calling other parents with children on the bus. Yes, mommy was freaked.
She came home at 4:15. She was smiling and so happy. She said she liked Kindergarten. They have legos. She was a little disappointed they didn't teach her to read. She made a new friend. She told me she cried a little at the playground because she was homesick. No mention of crying when she got off the bus. When I asked her about it, she said she didn't want to worry me. When I was putting her to bed, she poked me in the eye. She was so sorry and she wanted to help fix it. She ran into the kitchen and frantically asked Daddy for a wet washcloth for mommy. I poked her in the eye. She needs my help.
When all was fixed I asked if she sucked her thumb in school. She said yes, during rest time. She said nobody saw her. She hid under the desk. I wouldn't let her suck her thumb in bed and held her hand for a while. She said "after I help you with your eye, how could you do this to me." She had a point, but she has to stop soon.

No comments: