Sunday, December 27, 2009

Can't Do Xmas Anymore

I think this will be the last Christmas we spend with Paulo's sister. I really think the holiday this year was about how much stuff you can buy for your family at one time. I'm sure the Mac was needed as was the curcuit board game or the laser game or all the hair pins and toys and Wii stuff. All I kept thinking about was how much the family worried about the environment on the outside but not on the day of gifts.

Cutie was asked what she got for Chanuka. Who cares? The values I'm trying to instill are that she should not care. Gifts are sometimes nice, but they are also a responsibility. Both Paulo and I don't exchange gifts. We set our relationship up that way.

I think most stuff is just waste. We don't need it and we are teaching our children to desire it. Is that what we are trying to do? Or am I just a grinch?

I'm probably just a grinch.

PS: Paul's sister just completed her treatment for Breast Cancer. She will be fine.

No comments: