Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chanuka 2010

I've never been a fan of holidays. I like the family gatherings, but was never a fan of the gift-giving process. I prefer giving people gifts as I think of them. The idea of hoarding and waiting for the moment is pretty ridiculous. But I play the game and freak out a week before the gift-giving takes place. Poor cutie had to witness my meltdown this year.
This year's gifts to Cutie (Lego Beach House, Life, Underarmour Coldwear, foot warmers, hand-me-down ipod, ipod clock radio, itunes card)

Last year we took a family collection and gave each child a Visa Gift Card. This year no one wanted to do it so Cutie got her family presents and finally understood why Mom hates presents. Everyone got junky things to play with at the gathering. Cutie got a Coach bag "she's 6" and I stopped the whole Coach thing when the family was bought out by a company that eventually took them public. She got a gardening kit - have you seen our backyard! And she got rollee wheels, you know the sneakers with the wheels on the bottom in a size too small. Yes, she now understands why I'm the gift scrooge.

Now if we can all just go ice skating or swimming.
This year's biggest hit!
Candlelight by the macabeats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJCSR4MuhU

No comments: