Friday, April 11, 2008

3 Cavities, No No No and The Pledge


Cutie is doing some lovely coloring these days. Good sense of color. And she keeps asking for markers in skin colors. Since flesh in no longer a color and we only have brown, she's choosing brown. People and fairies are brown in her mind. The funny thing is that she doesn't color in everything. There's always something missing. When asked she says it's finished. I'm reminded of Jackson Pollock when asked whether a child could do his drip paintings he said "I know when it's done." So does a 3-1/2 year old.
(I like abstract paintings BTW)

Today, I managed to get all my passover shopping done. All it took was one day. Back in the city I had to plan for weeks.

9:30 - Drop Cutie at school

10:00 - at Wesley Kosher. (They even have vegetarian stuffed cabbage for pesach - I have a vegetarian coming for sedar)
Chatted with a lady who said if I had any questions I could call her. - I'm guessing she hopes to make me more religious. If anything - I'll make her less. I asked her if she knew of an upholstery fabric store. She told me Tillim in West Nyack.

11:00 - 2 cases of wine at Grapevine
chatted with salesperson for a while. He has a son who just got married and a daughter who's getting married.

12:00 at Sears to buy a canopy top - had to order online with free shipping, new passover pots & pans (I now have storage for real passover stuff) and a few casserole dishes. Passover will be very easy this year. Too bad I'm not a fan of holidays.

12:45 at Tillim for fabric. Can't believe I found such an out-of-the-way place. It's just like the place in the city on Amsterdam and 91st that I think went out of business. Bought fabric.

1:30 at school to pick up cutie. After Pesach it's back to 2:30 on Fridays

1:45 get gas

2:00 at Dentist. 3 cavities filled. Cutie was a pro. The dentist actually checked her age. Yes she's very mature for her age. Is it me or the school. Well, I choose the school.

Songs she sings in the car. "No No No I will no let them go."
Songs in the bathtub. "One morning Pharoh woke up with frogs on his head, frogs on his bed, Frogs on his nose. Frogs on his toes. Frogs here, frogs there, frogs are jumping everywhere." I didn't know the words till now. I'm going to let them shine. Something about Shabbot. All around the neighborhood. I'm going to let them shine. All the time I'm going to let them shine.
Song while coloring - "Ma nishtana". All the words and I can make out the verses (help!)
And they just started the Pledge of Allegiance. I couldn't make out if they say it with One nation under God or not. Under God was added in 1954. Whatever. I can always remove it from the curriculum.

7pm - Call from Visa - There's unusual activity on my card. It was all me.



No comments: