Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Aura Of The City - So Over It.

Not looking forward to Thursday. First I drop Paulo off at work in NJ then head to Great Neck.


My sis in law is being honored in Great Neck. For what, I don't know. I think it's for being very nice and helping others. Also she has more friends than ants at a picnic. The more friends who go to the luncheon, the more money the charity collects. Can you tell, I'm not a fan of these things. But I'm happy for her.




Cutie doesn't have school on Thursdays so she's with me for the luncheon. Then it's off to the other sis in laws for some cousin play. She was bamboozled into going even though she has a full-time job in the city. So she's home with her daughter.


I then drop Cutie off with Paulo in NJ. He takes the car and I take public transport the rest of the day. First to nyc on the Spanish buses - love them -- get off at the GW terminal, pick up the subway to meet an old work friend who's visiting from Texas. She's an empty nester and just moved to downtown Houston. I remember the aura of the city. Ha. I'm so over it. Life is so much easier in the burbs. Going home is lovely. Metro North's Hudson line is movie like. You go up the Hudson with scenic views.



Almost all my city friends and their friends left. My gf finally agreed to give up her 4th floor tiny walkup apartment for 2K/month (and this was a good deal) and move back home for the birth of her baby. That she was even considering staying in the city without a high income and full-time nanny is beyond my comprehension now. Babies in the burbs are so much easier.

My other gf just got an unsolicited offer for her uws 1BR apartment - $780K no broker fee or lawyer fees to pay. She's taking it and not looking back. She was the last hold out of her friends.



The city is a big party will lots of friends and things to do. After 20 years it's time to leave the party. We overstay our welcome and get kicked out because of costs, crowds and craziness when we just want peace and quiet. It's important to make changes in your life when things are not fabulous. It keeps you young.



Many years ago someone told me I lived life like a movie. It wasn't given as a compliment. I remember smiling and thinking - Yeah, I'll be interesting. Yeah, I'm still interesting even though I now live in the burbs.



I still love "Sex And The City" and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. I was disappointed at the TV series ending. It gave hope to every women pineing for their old bf when the right one was just around the corner.



My only ? Do I see it with my new gfs or see it alone in an empty theater. Maybe I'll do both.

No comments: