Friday, June 27, 2008

Ugly People and Those Who Don't Get It.

So I'm at dinner with one of Cutie's friend's mom. I just finished telling her how looking back at my education the thing I didn't appreciate enough while learning it was The Talmud. it looks like I have to choose between Talmud and Spanish at Cutie's school. This is not a choice I wish to make. I'll deal with that later.
Anyway.
Cutie's friend's mom told a story about how her husband put in a larger and more expensive window on a house than the contract called for. The owners did not want to pay. They wanted it fixed to what it said in the contract. (I don't know the details - but I'm guessing that the window overwhelmed the room and the builder got a deal on that window. A good builder would have checked with the client.)
Anyway, Her food arrived and she ate half her food and then wanted to send it back or not pay for it because the veg ables in her vegetable plate were made with butter and she doesn't like butter. (After she ate half). Her rational was that the menu should have said it was made with butter.
I told her that it was like the story with her husband who installed a bigger window without telling the clients. She couldn't see the parallel logic. She needs Talmud.
The scary part is that people like her cast a bad light on people like me. I fear for our future. We need to be better than everyone else in the world. We need to be an example. We are not like everyone else.

No comments: