Friday, June 13, 2008

Sex, Shoes and Finance

I finally saw the Sex and the City movie. I went alone one morning while Cutie was at school. It's $6 for a movie ticket before 12n. Who knew? There were only a few people in the theater as I drank my smuggled in a Starbucks. There are all these chick flicks coming up this summer and I may need a place to hide out for a few hours while Cutie is at camp. Can't wait.

I think that's why it worked because were are all a composite of the group. The only difference is that I would have left Big years ago. They never come around. That was the flaw with the series ending. Also, I bought stocks not fashion. That was my 90's obsession. I married a combination of Aiden and Harry. How does Miranda stay with Steve? Yuk! I would have gone crazy.

Anyway, in about 20 years there will be another Sex and the City. When they are seniors. It will be sort of a Golden Girls for Gen X and Baby Boomer overlap. Who will still be alive? What have they done? The best part is that there's an opportunity to do a few versions in the silver and golden years. I hope they are still into it.

BTW
Today I bought 3 pairs of shoes at Lord & Taylor. I always find shoes there. Why I try and find them at the discount places I don't know. It's always a home run at L&T.
I picked up Calvin dresses in at their sale in January. Now I have shoes to go with them. With a wedding, engagement party and other things to go to this month, I sort of needed a refresh. I can finally throw out those espadrilles that are falling apart.

No comments: