Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On Hiatus

My freelance gig at Medco ended abruptly yesterday. I'm actually cool with it. I can take some time getting cutie ready for K.

At the start of my gig, they were doing all the right things. They hired the right Agency - Ogilvy - who came up with Making Medicine Smarter - a million dollar tagline. They did the social networking thing in DC during the healthcare debates. I was happy when working on the case studies of The Medco Therapeutic Resource Center. I really liked Medco.



But at some point, I realized that at the end of the day, I'm just a pill pusher. And since every company sets up different rules for prescription drug coverage for different price points, Medco gets blamed when things go wrong. The thyroid issue that happened last week annoyed me. I wanted to make things right.


Most of my freelance gigs allowed me to be the slave in the thick of things. I had to take a back seat for this gig. I am happy to have had the experience. I hope they call me back for another gig.

No comments: