Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I So Fucking Love This House

So the Supreme court has agreed to rule on broadcast indecency.

Singer Bono of U2 exulted upon winning a Golden Globe for an original song, calling it "really, really f . . . brilliant."

The use of the word in that context was not "obscene". It was appropriate for language use today. We make words mean what we want them to mean. If someone thinks that context was obscene, they are probably Clients 1-8. (Spitzer was Client 9.)

About the House.
Today we had the file cabinet delivered. It was a Yellow truck. I worked on the merger of Yellow Trucking and Roadway Trucking to make Yellow Roadway (YRC). YRC is just the holding company. I was't impressed with them 4 years ago (I left Interbrand when I was 3 months pregnant with Cutie). However, I really liked the service and driver who dropped off the package. Just goes to show you that CEOs come and go and steal all the money, but your business is really your employees. I was glad to hear that his daughter was in law school and was hoping to buy an apartment in NYC. I won't be buying their stock - it's tanked in the last few years do to higher fuel prices. But I do hope they deliver stuff to me again. I wonder if IKEA uses them. We need to build some closets.

We've been having contractors stop by to look at the house supports, bathrooms (we don't have a real shower, and roof. My favorite thing is when they like using email for communication. I'm waiting for the bids. Then I have to design and pick stuff out at the stores. Yuck.

No comments: