Friday, March 28, 2008

No Longer Trust Obama

At first I didn't care - Obama or Clinton. I was going Dem. But now I'm starting to have trouble with Obama. The article about his wife in "The New Yorker" did not make me like her or him. I was impressed with him before I read it. And I'm still impressed with him. But it's a matter of trust. I no longer trust Obama to protect things I have or care about.

I once read an article about why working class Americans voted for Bush even though he would make their lives worse. Things like the Estate Tax bothered them and Bush was going to get rid of it. Abortion bothered them and he was going to only let rich people get them and allow them to ruin their daughters chances of upward mobility. HELLO - the chances of them being touched by an estate tax was tiny. Outsourcing and health care was not on their minds even though those things had a great chance of touching them.

What the article insinuated was that Americans vote for what they think is good for the country rather than what is good for them. I now have the wisdom. It's time to vote for someone who can protect the things I have or care about - not necessarily in that order.

No comments: