Friday, November 23, 2007

Brin a Turkey

A few days before Thanksgiving my brother through a 40th birthday party for his wife. He asked me what we were doing for Thanksgiving and I said I'm going to try to brin a turkey and bring it to Paulo's family in DC. Not missing a beat he said - "You saw how to do that on the food channel. I wanted to try that".

There's something about siblings that put you on the same wavelength even if you spend little time together. I'm very happy with my family. We love each other so much we don't have to talk to one another four times a day - Once every few months is fine.

Cutie had a great time on Thanksgiving. Her new found joy is legos. Paulo's sister had an old box of legos from 20 years ago. She played to legos before, but not with trees and flower legos. I hope they still make them.

The next time we will get together is on Chanuka. It's only a few weeks away.

Turkey Brine
Big Garbage pail cleaned very well.
Empty fridge that the pail fits into.
2 cups kosher salt
1 cup sugar
juniper berries (T)
pepper corns (T)
whole allspice (T)
Bay Leaves (3)
Place all ingredience together and put in fridge for 12 hours. Remove, clean and cooks as usual.

No comments: