Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Grandmothers, the Library, and Caroline Kennedy

I keep meeting grandmothers watching their grandchildren at the Library. I'm so jealous. They are great with the grandchildren.

Anyway, I dropped Cutie Face at library storytime. It's a great storytime with a fabulous librarian and a crafts project that reinforces the weekly book theme. It's While Cutie was in the special children's storytime room, I was browsing and came across Caroline Kennedy's "Family Book of Poems". It's perfect for holiday gift giving. When I got home I purchased several copies on Ebay. I also picked up her "Profiles in Courage".

I always had a thing for Caroline Kennedy. When I was around ten my parents brought home a lithograph by Margeret Kane (I think.) I never liked the litho even though I was told that Caroline had the original in her room. As I got older I admired the way she appears so balanced. Low key, perfect family life with a career that produces things. There's just something about her. She's the perfect famous.

No comments: