Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Don't Get A Manicure the Day Before Bowling

I went bowling today with a Ladies Bowling League in New City. I really had a good time. After my first bowl, I had this strange rush of excitement. It's a much better way to spend time with friends than lunch. And it has the added bonus of being a charity league. That's the burbs for you.

The funny thing is that the team I played with are moms with young children. The team we played are grandmas. One of the grandmas bowled 197 - two turkeys in one game. Yes, this is the first I've heard of a bowling turkey, 3 strikes in a row. The knowledge I'm gaining! I actually did pretty well for a first time in 30 years bowler. 95,94 and 120. At least I broke 100.

"Actually" is actually a new word Cutie's vocabulary. She insists on using it as teens use "like". Actually it's not that bad. I makes her sound sophisticated for a 3year old. I was told by a mom in her class that her son uses "actually" in his language. I think I may have given it to Cutie. Actually, I do use "actually" often.
I better hold off on the four-letter words.

No comments: