Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Parking in Nyack

Lately, I haven't been doing any shopping in Nyack. They changed the parking system. You used to be able to park in a town lot for free or at a meter at $.25 an hour for a maximum of 2 hours. The system worked for me. It gave it a small town atmosphere. It felt good to put quarters into the meters. The two hour limit annoyed me, but as a whole it was fine.

They got rid of the $.25/hr. meters and now have parking machines. Since I will only go into town on Sundays so I don't have to use the machines, I have no idea the cost.

I feel bad for the small businesses in Nyack. We live a mile away and I used to shop for something once a week. Now it's more like once a month. I hate to say this - it's so much easier to go to the mall.

Now I don't feel so bad about moving.

No comments: