Friday, February 8, 2008

I Get It

Today I sold more shares of QQQQ at $43. At midnight, I finally watched "The Smartest Guys In The Room". I've had the DVD for a while but could not bring myself to watch it. It's timely.

Subprime mortgage is as big a crisis but the blame is diffused. Here's the info:

BSC high in 2007 $170, today it's at $80.
C high in 2007 $55, today it's at $26.
You can never call a bottom, but BSC is a buy at $40 and C is a buy at $15. ( I'll pick up some on the way down - just in case)

QQQ Tech Bubble info:
2001 - $100
2002 - $20
2004 - $40
2007 - $55

Unfortunately, I wasn't really around in 1987. The annoying thing is that I get it. I'm not sure what to do with it - but I get it.

About the Smartest Guys. Somewhere in my boxes there's a few Annual Reproaches we did on Enron for April Fools. The Annual Report came out in March so this was our stab at humor. In May 2001 we were at an Enron Strategy Meeting to discuss the overall strategy that we were to design for the AR. At that meeting little old me actually said "I understand what you are planning to do, but I don't understand how you are going to make money". The funny thing is on the way home I figured out that the idea they had was brilliant - I just didn't think anyone could pull it off at that time. We're still not ready for it. But maybe when Cutie is old enough she can.

No comments: