Friday, February 1, 2008

Yahoo and Microsoft Deal

Microsoft announced today it wants to buy Yahoo for $31 a share. They offered to buy yhoo last year but was rebuffed by Terry Semel, one of Cramer's CEOs on the "wall of shame".
Totally interesting. The chairman now in charge is Roy Bostock. I worked for him at DMBB Advertising in the Brand Optimization System Group (BOS group). First they reorganized and created Bcom3. Our BOS group was very profitable and I think we were still part of Bcom3 when they created D'Arcy Advertising. By 2001 they had sold out to Publicis. If history is any judge of the future, Mr. Bostock really wants to sell Yahoo to Mr. Softey.
I think it's a done deal. But still, I sold some shares at $28.50 - just in case. Remember I started my trading career with Yahoo. I hope this is not a full circle thing.
All the best.

No comments: