Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mommy, you make the best salad ever.

The exuberance cutie has when she like something is amazing. I mean it was only salad with her favorite vegies and some Tuscan Italian dressing from Trader Joes.
She says things like that when she gets a present she likes. But when she doesn't love something - she's silent.
We went to the library to list the books we read this summer. When you hit a certain number of books you get a prize. She didn't like the plastic backscatcher. Silence. The other librarian came over and offered her a butterfly container. That she took.
How do I keep up her joy of life without having her fake it for every little thing? Or will she be like me. Get totally excited and passionate when things are really interesting and bored when things are ho hum.
It's in the genre of "if I have one good thought each week, I'm doing well." One exuberance a week - I'm doing something right.

No comments: