Friday, July 25, 2008

See How My Garden Grows

Second tomato
basil

corn


Cutie was born several weeks early. She came the week we were planning to close our beach house. Since we were living in NYC at the time, we tried to grow tomatoes at the beach. Paulo went to the house alone and brought back our first tiny tomato. It didn't taste that good.

Almost 4 years later I'm growing tomatoes in my backyard. I didn't think anything would happen - but Voila. My first beefstake tomato. We are also growing corn, basil, watermelon (I kept some seeds from last year), some sort of bean that needs a trellis, and spagetti squash. Only the tomatoes, basil and corn seem to be producing fruit. We hope to pick our first (second tomato very soon.)
The weird thing is that there are tomato plants growing near our old sink drainage pipe. Before we fix our septic tank, our kitchen sink water used to just go directly into the ground. Is it possible that these plants are from disgarded seeds? How cool is that?

No comments: