Friday, July 18, 2008

Yahoo - What to do?

My first real moneymaking stock was Netscape on a boyfriend tip. Got rid of the boyfriend and tripled my initial investment in 3 months. A year later I bumped into the ex and thanked him for the Netscape tip. He said buy $10,000 worth of Yahoo. It was the very late 90's. I did and did a double in a month. I was greedy so later that year I called for a tip and I was told to short Qualcomm. Big mistake - lost everything I gained. - Pigs get slaughtered. If I'd only have held out for one year I would have been fine. But I was working to pay my margin call - not to mention the rent. I even stopped eating lunch.
Back to Yahoo. So after 9/11 and the tanking market the year that followed, I was picking up Yahoo on the way down. I sold half at the Mister Softy announcement and kept the other because I met/worked with Roy Bostock at one of his ad agencies. He was clueless about the internet then and probably still is. I like to be in the game so I left on the table. I got the Carl Icahn proxy and a phone call to support his team. I was all set to do that except - There is not one women on his board. So now I'm looking to Jerry Yang and want to know his vision.
Will I Yahoo again?

No comments: