Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Spain Design Gets It

I'm coming back from Fuda tile and see a sign "kitchen and bath" Porcelanosa. Never heard of them. Stop by anyway. WOW - It's me. I felt like Cutie in a toy store of fairy mermaids (she's into that these days - more on that later).
OMG - Porcelanosa gave me chills. Finally someplace that has what I like. And it's not that expensive. It's more than Fuda Tile but less than the slate tile I bought at Home Depot.
The amazing thing is that Laura at Fuda Tile (The New Yorker should do a story on her) can read people and direct them to the tile that you didn't even know they were looking for. You come in clueless, she asks you a few questions, picks out a few things, you take it home and OMG - it's it.
Porcelanosa style looks like a Prada showroom. They manufacture everything from tile to fixtures to cabinets.
The thing is that tile I pick out and had in my car trunk was similar to Porcelanosa. The bath vanity from Sonia was similar. Both my Sonia and Porcelansosa are Spainish companies.
Italy - you are losing me to Spain.

No comments: